About our Lions Club

Lions Club Kaliningrad Central was established in May 2001. It is a part of Lions Clubs International, which consists of more than 1 million 352 thousand members from 46 thousand clubs in nearly 192 countries and geographical areas of the world. LCI was founded in 1917.

Lions Club Kaliningrad Central is the first Lions Club in Kaliningrad Region of the Russian Federation. Our region is geographically separated from the mainland Russia and situated on the south-eastern coast of the Baltic See, just between Lithuania and Poland. Distances: to Moscow 1290 km, to Berlin 600 km, to Warsaw 400 km, to Vilnius 350 km. The total area of the Region is 15 thousand sq. km. There are nearly 1 million inhabitants on the Region which is divided into 22 municipalities.

Membership is by invitation only, and is open to persons of legal majority who have demonstrated high moral character and a commitment to community betterment. Our club spreads no political or religious views and acts on the basis of respect, mutual understanding, loyalty and patriotism.

Lions Club Kaliningrad Central was registered legally according to the legislation of the Russian Federation as Kaliningrad Regional Public Organization. (License # 1679-30.5.02)

The meetings of Lions Club Kaliningrad Central take place monthly in the restaurants Crown Prince (38, Litovsky Val str.) and Grand Hall (18, Leonova str.). Guest-members from other Lions Clubs are welcome to visit our meetings every last Thursday of the month in Grand Hall restaurant at 6:59 p.m.

The appearance requirements of a guest as well as his behavior on the Club meetings is regulated by the Club Activities Regulations of LC Kaliningrad Central.

29 2010